Hopeful singers and songwriters have until September 1 to enter Durango’s Sole Performer contest, and the chance to win a once-in-a-lifetime experience, courtesy of Durango. Simply go to http://www.durangoboot.com/soleperformer to post a video of an original song to enter.
The Grand Prize winner will receive the exclusive opportunity to sign an appearance contract with Durango, appear in Durango’s marketing materials, participate in a Carnival Music co-writing session with an on-staff writer and receive individual feedback from music industry professionals. In addition to those incredible experiences, the winner will also receive three pairs of Durango Boots, a Taylor 618e Grand Orchestra Guitar, Sennhieser MK4 Microphone and Momentum Headphones, a Wrangler wardrobe and a $10,000 cash prize. Also included is a round-trip to Nashville, Tenn. for the Carnival Music co-writing session and feedback session on the grand prize song from music industry professionals.
“We already have a lot of great entries, but we want to make sure our future star doesn’t slip through the cracks,” said Kristin Dille, Marketing Manager for Durango. “We have confidence in our group of exceptionally qualified judges to choose a winner who will not only be an up-and-coming talent in the music industry, but also an outstanding representative for the Durango brand.”
Judging the contest are industry professionals including:
• A representative from American Songwriter Magazine & AmericanSongwriter.com
• Dan Anderson, Manager at Red Light Management
• Cortney Arnold, Marketing at Wrangler
• Matthew Bjorke, Editor-in-Chief of roughstock.com
• Sarah Darling, Recording Artist with Alexander Music Marketing & Management
• Courtney Gregg, General Manager of Carnival Recording Company/Carnival Music
• Don Kennedy, VP Music Licensing for Sony Pictures Entertainment
• Tanya Welch, Sr. Director Marketing for Sony Music Nashville
Official partners of Durango’s Sole Performer contest are Carnival Music, Taylor Guitars, American Songwriter, Wrangler and Sennheiser.
Founded in 1966, Durango Boot manufactures and markets quality-crafted western and fashion footwear for men, women and children. It is a division of Rocky Brands, a publicly traded company on NASDAQ under the symbol: RCKY. For more information visit www.durangoboot.com .